Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How Many Still Use Win32
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Still Use Win32

How Many Still Use Win32

It's been a long while since this question has been asked .....

I'm windows free :-).

Re:How Many Still Use Win32

i don't have windows installed anymore either

i do have win98 on my parents box because it's too slow to load Konq 3.x or Mozilla and they just wanna be able to surf the web and send/read mail and they are basically computer illiterates so everything should be as easy as possible

i got two machines and a kvm switch,
    the athlon 1000 runs xp for games/ms office and my engineering apps (srdc i-deas)
    and the duron 1100 runs linux
    ...lately ive only been running the linux box
    go linux!!!

I use windows98 along with Debian mainly because there are still a number of games that will only run on that OS.

(Why should I spend money on something like WineX when I have an OS that'll run them perfectly?)

[quote author=Frith link=board=17;threadid=4320;start=0#42815 date=1027558993]
    (Why should I spend money on something like WineX when I have an OS that'll run them perfectly?)
    [/quote]

Cause it will crash :P

i has a win95 partition that i use to check stuff from work for. but i am hoping that will begone a couple of days - they have an secure client for linux now - YEA!!!!

I have it installed, just because sometimes some friend came here to play, other than that im Linux Only

Advisor

I still have a win 98 box (no linux at all) but I have an excuse...it's not mine, it's borrowed...i swear!

I'll be technical.

Modern Windows developers almost never have to touch the nasty Win32api these days. Although, arguably, almost everything on a Windows machine interacts with it. All those toolkits such as MFC (which is still ugly, imo), wxWindows, Qt, etc. are nothing more than wrappers to the Win32api. Even the new .NET stuff for Windows eventually touches the Win32api, but the difference between the old days of Windows development, and today, is that the developer never has to see it. They get to see all this nice Object Oriented stuff on top of it, although, ironically, the Win32api was written in C.

Basically, if you're still using Windows, or even Wine (which would be an incomplete implementation of the Win32api), you are using Win32.

I need to because of work. However, it's 2000 so it's not so bad.

[me=NGene]is Winblows-free at home[/me]

At work I must use 2000, but it's almost a decent OS.