Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ...and cga is still using KDE 3

Advisor

Re:...and cga is still using KDE 3

well, it seems my redhat CD's are gimped so it looks like I will be KDE'less for a little bit longer.

I tried KDE a good couple of times. I always go back to Blackbox. I guess l33tness factor with blackbox is much higher :-D

[quote author=GnuVince link=board=6;threadid=4308;start=0#42752 date=1027538880]
    I tried KDE a good couple of times. I always go back to Blackbox. I guess l33tness factor with blackbox is much higher :-D
    [/quote]

Amen brudda!

I used to be a Fluxer and a WindowMakerer, I tried KDE 3.0 with Gentoo and Mosfets Liquid and can't go back to anything else.

8) KDE 3 8)
    8) Mosfets Liquid 8)

[quote author=GnuVince link=board=6;threadid=4308;start=0#42752 date=1027538880]
    I guess l33tness factor with blackbox is much higher :-D
    [/quote]

yea, l33tn3ss is important
    i don't even use window managers anymore, or bash for that matter

i just hacked my entire system to just display 0's and 1's and that's how i get my work done. how 1337 is that?

:

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=6;threadid=4308;start=0#42639 date=1027469068]let's face it people... once u've used KDE3 there's no turning back[/quote]

I disagree, if you're running a lower-end system (like mine), on which KDE runs like a dog, it's very, very easy to go back to a lightweight WM like Fvwm.

I admit, though, that when I build my new computer, it'll probably be running KDE3...

[quote author=ASCI_Blue link=board=6;threadid=4308;start=0#42765 date=1027541948]
    I used to be a Fluxer and a WindowMakerer, I tried KDE 3.0 with Gentoo and Mosfets Liquid and can't go back to anything else.

8) KDE 3 8)
    8) Mosfets Liquid 8)
    [/quote]

Why that's EXACTLY what I have, and exactly my sentiments I'm loving this Gentoo thing, and I'm definitely digging the KDE 3. Mosfet is a madman!

Not to forget the Connectiva Crystal theme 8)

[quote author=Feztaa link=board=6;threadid=4308;start=0#42838 date=1027579926]
    [quote author=Ralinx link=board=6;threadid=4308;start=0#42639 date=1027469068]let's face it people... once u've used KDE3 there's no turning back[/quote]

I disagree, if you're running a lower-end system (like mine), on which KDE runs like a dog, it's very, very easy to go back to a lightweight WM like Fvwm.
    [/quote]

That's very true. If I was running a crappy system, I wouldn't even think of using KDE, nor recommending it for somebody with a lower-end system. But when the system is good enough, KDE rocks because it's very flexible and good-looking, although it *is* bloated.

[quote author=NGene link=board=6;threadid=4308;start=0#43140 date=1027691287]
    although it *is* bloated.
    [/quote]

what large project isn't bloated?
    don't say OpenOffice because openoffice uses it's own GUI toolkit instead of using GTK or QT so that could be considered as bloat too

personally, i don't mind the bloat
    hell i love it even
    i install the full KDE releases everytime even though i hardly use a lot of the extra applications. but i think it's nice to have the ability to use them and when someone comes over here and i wanna impress them with Linux/KDE i can say: "look at all these programs that come with this system and it's all free"