Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Burn Software

WarLockLord

CD Burn Software

Well, back from the depths of a business trip...

For Windoze, one of the hot CD burning software is neroBurning Rom. What is the hot CD burning software for Linux??

Also, I like Sonique for Windoze to listen to my mp3s, what is a good player for Linux??

Thanx in advance for any leads provided

JimH

Re:CD Burn Software

Quote Originally Posted by WarLockLord

For Windoze, one of the hot CD burning software is neroBurning Rom. What is the hot CD burning software for Linux??
    My preference is eroaster. xcdroast is also good.

Also, I like Sonique for Windoze to listen to my mp3s, what is a good player for Linux??
    I am not familiar with Sonique, but xmms is a nice Linux mp3 player. Plus it plays ogg's. ;D

This thing really needs updated, but you might want to check it out.
    http://www.getlinuxonline.com/help/s.../softcheck.htm

Jim H

Quote Originally Posted by WarLockLord

cd burning is all done thru one program, cdrecord. all the other apps are frontends to it. so you can have a gtk, gnome, or kde app that all use the same core program. it really depends on what environment you use, but eroaster (gtk/gnome) is real nice...
    once again, xmms is just a frontend for mpg123, but it seems to be the best out. the even better thing is it can use winamp skins as well
    Thanx in advance for any leads provided
    ur welcome
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

WarLockLord

Ya guys are great, thanx again.!

WarLockLord

XMMS is exactly what I was looking for, kind of similar to Sonique: sonique.lycos.com.

I was able to find a copy of the rpm for eroaster, I think I installed the program. But I am confused by what is meant by a graphical front end program for cdrecord. I also do not understand how to use this in conjunction with cdrecord. Does xcdroast include cdrecord? I downloaded the update for xcdroast, again I think I installed the program.

Whatever light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

it means that eroaster, or xcdroast tells cdrecord all the commands to run to burn the cd. they don't include cdrecord. you will have to install that seperatly.
    hope that cleared it op

ALastair
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

WarLockLord

I will give it a try and let you know.

god, i used sonique years back, and i am sorry, but i thought it blew. but, now that you can use XMMS, all is good :P. about cd toasters, i found that eroaster is really good. i have tried many others, but this one seemed to work the best right out of the install. good luck!

Babbing

WarLockLord

Ok.. I got cdrecord and eroaster, installed them, and even created a taskbar loader button, and it works!! But man that was a bit cumbersome.

I have to ask a question, honestly, is the intent of the Linux world to keep Linux for themselves? I have some background in DOS, albeit very limited, but what about all the others that came after me and only know Windows? If Linux is to be shared amongst the average user, RedHat is getting there, but overall it has a long way to go.

I realize this will may not set well with some, as I found out about my recent comments regarding Slackware. However, I really would like to hear some comments from others, both newbies (like myself) and the pros.

These are my thoughts what are yours???

mugs

Well, I sort of agree with you, WarLockLord, it can be difficult. But, even though I have been using it for only about 2 months, I think it is worth it. Once you get the hang of it some, I think the possibilities are endless. Plus you get away from Microsoft. I am a Microsoft Certified Pro, but like you got into it after the heydey of DOS. However, it is rewarding to figure something out in Linux or get something to work, at least for me. I am dedicated to keep plugging away. Just my thoughts.