Thread: YahooPOPs

Kind Mastermind

YahooPOPs

Has anyone tried to compile this program? They say that it is supposed to run under Linux, though most of the stuff seems to be Win related.

Anyway, if no one else has tried it, I think that I will go ahead and see if it's worth a look. It is supposed to be a middle-man between yahoo's web email and your favorite pop3 capable email client. We will see...hehehe. I really like the thought of being able to download my email without having to pay for pop3 access. Maybe it can be extended to work on hotmail and netscape, as well. Who knows?

Cheers

Good Guru

Re:YahooPOPs

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=2;threadid=4271;start=0#42244 date=1027250033]
    Anyway, if no one else has tried it, I think that I will go ahead and see if it's worth a look. It is supposed to be a middle-man between yahoo's web email and your favorite pop3 capable email client.[/quote]
    Sounds good .. Let me know your results, please .....

I really like the thought of being able to download my email without having to pay for pop3 access.
    ;D

Maybe it can be extended to work on hotmail and netscape, as well. Who knows?
    I know they have one for Hotmail called HTTPMAIL or something .. but I"m not sure about Netscape one ......

Anyway, please let me know of your research.

Try searching on freshmeat. I'm sure I've seen a program for downloading mail from Yahoo there. Maybe its YahooPOPs but I don't think so

Kind Mastermind

I'll keep ya posted. It might take a little while, as I have to prepare for a visit from the in-laws (man, my wife is making put up a bunch of pictures, buy up some new rugs, etc etc etc. I hate the honey-do list!).

Cheers