Thread: Unreal Tournament

Associate

Unreal Tournament

anyone play UT... can anyone point me in the direction of getting it installed on my Mandrake 8.2 box?

Re:Unreal Tournament

One question, did you even bother to check the PET section ?

Associate

actuall I did but didn't find anything at first, so I blame thy coffee.. I went back and lo & behold I see that it's hidden under other software and thank you so much for your kind and caring attitude. I'm new to linux as you've must have guessed and have been studying Linux Administration so I would be able to handle these simple questions without bothering you experts too much.

no problem I just know I wrote the PET on Unreal / Unreal Tournament so I would be surprised if it was missing.

Feel free to pm me or ask questions if the PET doesn't work for you.

Associate

Thanks again lovechild, I did get a no delta for the editor.u error and the installation aborted. bummer I'll just have to stay away from that game for now. I'm going to install Mandrake 8.2 again and hopefully I'll get the install right this time.

Well I've never seen that error, but I've never tried using the editor under Linux. I do however play a mean game of Strike Force on my UT install ever now and again.

Just for the record I installed UT on my debian box using the loki installer with no hassle & I didn't have to change anything... I was pleasantly suprised. It has also worked for me on Slackware & RedHat boxes in the past.

I also run a small dedicated server on an old P233 with 64 meg RAM (debian & no X). It works really well for a basic setup... only has the default maps etc. If anyone is interested in any pointers just give me a shout, but its easy enough to setup (but don't use the loki pack as its has some stuffed maps apparently).

Regards

eddy

Use loki installer, its fool-proof. Very easy to install, you will have it up in no time