Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Creating a music list

Thread: Creating a music list

Creating a music list

What works best (MDK 8.2) for storing and playing of favorite music? I want to pull off certain songs on various CD's and then play them back at random but can't seem to find one to do it (or I am missing something - which would not be the first time). Thanks in advance!

Re:Creating a music list

grip to make ogg files, then xmms to play 'em for me.

Me too!

(but I don't use grip, I just use cdparanoia... grip is just a frontend for it, so it's sort of the same thing)

Ogg Vorbis files are cooler than MP3, though

grip can rip your cds into mp3/ogg, make playlists and automatically put your songs in a MySQL database.

I recommend using Ogg, but if you like me for some reason is stuck using MP3s I highly recommend that you looking using this string for your lame settings in grip "-h --r3mix %w %m" which will produce the absolute highest quality MP3s while remaining very compatable.

Thanks for the help! Works great.

I basically do the same stuff but with ripperX, I also turn off the extra paranoia as it takes hours to rip on my dodgy cd drive.

I then chuck all my ogg's onto my LAN's webserver & use the andromeda php script to access them, so a kind of web based LAN jukebox type thing.

http://www.turnstyle.com/andromeda/home.asp

Regards

ed

[quote author=SpookyEddy link=board=1;threadid=4252;start=0#42081 date=1027089346]
    I then chuck all my ogg's onto my LAN's webserver & use the andromeda php script to access them, so a kind of web based LAN jukebox type thing.

http://www.turnstyle.com/andromeda/home.asp
    [/quote]

Thanks for the linkage SpookyEddy. Although I use mod_mp3 for apache, I've been looking for a ASP version for a IIS box that I've been forced to maintain.