Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Borked PC.

Thread: Borked PC.

Good Guru

Borked PC.

I got a machine at home that was running perfect. Then I added the Uber virus of them all -- another drive with a subsequent XP install. XP hated my soundcard (dunno why, but it just wouldnt work). I gave up and said "Ill wait for the NWN linux binary. Enuf of this shit!"

Evil still lingered. The evil virus infected all of my hardware. Now with my original drive, with RH7.3, the damn thing is running at 30% speed. I got an Athlon (slot) 700 + 512MB ram. I know its not my hard disc necessarily, since hdparm is giving me over 20MB/sec transfer rate.

X is slow as shit. Subsequently UT and Q3 and Kohan are just unplayably slow. Its hideous! What did I do? I did a cm,os clear and rechecked my settings. Reset CMOS agian, stuck with the defaults. The one change that I added over my original setup was removing my dead floppy and disabling it in my BIOS. LAN access is slow too, but that may be atrributed to my switch, not the PC (but still need to verify that). I am thinking my new PSU is already shot. It is a 350W job, and the next best I got is a 250, which amy not fare well enough for the system, since the Athlon and GeForce eat up alot of power.

Any suggestions ???

Re:Borked PC.

well as expected you have done everything i would have, i guess at this point i would try to find the offending piece by removing all but needed hardware and seeing what is the baddy.

Good Guru

Re:Borked PC.

Agreed. I got my good ole trusty Diamond Stealth 2000 too ;D

That is the uber video card for purely diagnostic purposes.

Well thanks for the assistance! Off to the batcave I go, see if my workbench is blessed or not :-\