Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Auto dial in for RH 7.3?

Thread: Auto dial in for RH 7.3?

Auto dial in for RH 7.3?

I have old SCO boxes that I can dial into using TERM and writing a few cheezy batch files in dos. I have tried mini TERM I think it was called but they wanted like $300 a box. No thanx. The problem is, as of right now I have 3 RH boxes that I need to dial into and just copy a few files, change to diff dir's, and then exit. I am hoping to do this though SSH instead of Telnet. I stress the word DIAL. It is a modem line. I keep searching but hope that someone here has had some experience or good news about a OPEN product. Any links or info greatly appreciated.

Re:Auto dial in for RH 7.3?

i think you mean this...

http://www.swcp.com/~jgentry/pers.html

Thanx PB but I can already dial in. I need to be able to run some sort of Dos or windows type thing where Linux will understand the commands so I don't have to dial in manually every day to get my back up files. The reason I need this is we will have about 30 RH boxes, one in each lab. Not networked.

can mini-com do this? I thought minicomm could answer, else i would think that kermit would be able to.

OK I know I am not crazy but someone replied to this post about using Kermit and I don't see the post anymore. Anyway, whoever it was Thank you so much. It is exactly what I needed. I almost got their scripting language down and I can automate my dial in's. Thanx again mystery person.

really - you can't see the post? anywho - you are welcome.

Good Guru

I see it. Along with the two leprechauns fighting over the blonde in the corner.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=1;threadid=4239;start=0#41948 date=1027031233]
    I see it. Along with the two leprechauns fighting over the blonde in the corner.
    [/quote]

I AM NOT A LEPRECHAUN!!!