Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

LFS for sparc?

Thread: LFS for sparc?

Advisor

LFS for sparc?

I'm tempted to try installing LFS on my sparc, what would need to be done differently then installing on x86?

Also, you need a version of Linux installed already, would NetBSD work or does it have to be linux?

Re:LFS for sparc?

i heard some people did it on a sparc so it's possible
    i think u need a linux system on it though

[quote author=kornp link=board=7;threadid=4233;start=0#41800 date=1026956810]
    Also, you need a version of Linux installed already, would NetBSD work or does it have to be linux?
    [/quote]

I belive you can use NetBSD or OpenBSD and build an LFS system. I asked that very question in irc.linuxfromscratch.org about a year ago and they said they had done it before. I would imagine it would be eaiser on a Linux distro though (try Debian or Red Hat SPARC versions).

Advisor

Okay, thanx for the input, I went the the LFS irc channel, and it can be done on sparc, you just need to drop bin86 and drop LILO for SILO and everything else should work.

I am gonna wait till i get Debian for sparc, then I think I'll try a LFS.

You are a brave man, let me know how it goes.

Advisor

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=7;threadid=4233;start=0#42043 date=1027069300]
    You are a brave man, let me know how it goes.
    [/quote]

Thanx ;D, and will do!