Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

does anyone know how to OC 486?

Thread: does anyone know how to OC 486?

does anyone know how to OC 486?

i got a 486 dx2 66 and a 486 sx 25 can i OC em? how?

Advisor

Re:does anyone know how to OC 486?

I've OC'ed a 486 dx2-66 to 75mhz, it was quite easy, but resulted in a _very_ unstable machine.

OC?
    -CJ

Over Clock

ah, didnt know u could do that to a 486

Good Guru

trust me -- its a dangerous task. The % change in 1 MHZ is much greater than that of a current CPU. For example 5 MHZ is 5% on a 25Mhz to 30Mhz. On an 1025 to 1030 its .005% (roughly).

OC-ing is the greatest. I have a celeron 300a overclocked to 450. Still runs stable as anything. Building a system out of it with 256 MB RAM to give to my father. Just trying to get the modem to work.