Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New NVIDIA drivers and compile problem! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New NVIDIA drivers and compile problem!

Re:New NVIDIA drivers and compile problem!

I remember having one hell of a time getting the nvidia drivers to work in slack 8.

But after a lot of searching I eventually came across this 'fix at the slackware forums.

edit /usr/src/linux/include/autoconf.h
    and change:

#define CONFIG_SMP 1
    to
    #undef CONFIG_SMP

It worked for me, maybe it will work for you.
    Do this only if your going to use the kernels supplied with slack.
    You don't need to do this if you decide to compile a new, recent kernel.

upgrading the kenrel should be easy and getting back to the defualt version of X working should be easy too.

hell, if i could i would come over to your house and fix it...

thanks! i'm gonna try that tomorrow before i recompile...
    -CJ

well, pbharris, i know gorn...we go to the same school...thats y id have him help me
    -Cj

Good Guru

Well, unless I didnt read what cj said -- he stated that
    A) Hes got 2 source trees (2.4 and 2.2)
    B) We got a compiled (although no clue how usable) 2.4 kernel
    C) A working 2.2 kernel
    D) Barely any drive space.

If hes a noob, why confuse him further? Lets get a working system for him. The simplest is to vape out the 2.4 tree for now. And get the 2.2 tree used. 2.4.19 is a great kernel, although I am in 100% agreeance in the 2.4.7/9/18 being a ton better. I just want the fella to be able to use his system and play quake with his Geforce or whatever. All he REALLY needs is to get the nv driver built and installed. Thats all.

But I would not be suprised if I misread it. I have been doing that alot lately.....

so, should i recompile 2.2 and get rid of 2.4? btw...i'm gonna use pbharris's PET.
    -CJ

hi CJ - if it were up to me i would do it the other way around, i.e. load a 2.4 kernel.

ya, thats what i'm thinking i might wanna try...but its gonna have to wait, cuz im leavin for vacation soon...and when i get back, hopefully, schotty's package will be here and i'll load up one of them distros...
    -CJ