Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in prison for Hackers

Re:Life in prison for Hackers

[quote author=kornp link=board=13;threadid=4215;start=0#41994 date=1027046369]
    Ouch, I love my little (or not so little) Canada Hopefully it won't go the way of the US :-\
    [/quote]

Hopefully. You better enjoy what time you have just in case though. You may end up like us and not be able to walk the streets from fear of getting arrested.

[quote author=Evil Honkey Kenshi link=board=13;threadid=4215;start=0#41768 date=1026937342]
    I'm ashamed. I love my country, but the government sucks. I'd move to Canada if it wasn't so full of Canadians.
    [/quote]

I hear this sentiment from a lot of Americans. But I don't get it: Isn't your country defined by it's government?

[quote author=pbharris link=board=13;threadid=4215;start=0#41824 date=1026966902]I really wish McCain had won the presideny.[/quote]

Hey, that's a good idea. I bet french fries could do a better job than Bush! :P

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=13;threadid=4215;start=0#41710 date=1026899585]
    land of the free
    right guys?
    [/quote]

land of the, well, we used to be free, but now we're kinda not, but it's not that bad, so we just deal, you know?

[quote author=Feztaa link=board=13;threadid=4215;start=0#42025 date=1027065946]
    land of the, well, we used to be free, but now we're kinda not, but it's not that bad, so we just deal, you know?
    [/quote]

ur in Canada so ur not affected by the idiocy of the US government as much as the people who actually live in the US

[quote author=Feztaa link=board=13;threadid=4215;start=0#42023 date=1027065784]
    I hear this sentiment from a lot of Americans. But I don't get it: Isn't your country defined by it's government?
    [/quote]

Fuck no. That's the thinking that has caused all these middle-easterners to hate Americans, rather than just our government. If our government was truely democratic, then maybe you could say it reflects the people as well. But our government is getting to where it doesn't do a damn thing we want it to, so you can only blame our so-called leaders.

[quote author=Feztaa link=board=13;threadid=4215;start=0#42024 date=1027065855]
    [quote author=pbharris link=board=13;threadid=4215;start=0#41824 date=1026966902]I really wish McCain had won the presideny.[/quote]

Hey, that's a good idea. I bet french fries could do a better job than Bush! :P
    [/quote]

Strangely I find that both funny and disturbingly true

[quote author=Evil Honkey Kenshi link=board=13;threadid=4215;start=0#42098 date=1027100270]
    Fuck no. That's the thinking that has caused all these middle-easterners to hate Americans, rather than just our government. If our government was truely democratic, then maybe you could say it reflects the people as well. But our government is getting to where it doesn't do a damn thing we want it to, so you can only blame our so-called leaders.
    [/quote]

Extreamly true. If you ask any non-polotician american they will proibably say they don't agree with a good portion of things our government does.

America, and ever other 'democracy' is really a represenitive repulic like Rome was .... no one has actually tried democracy yet.

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=13;threadid=4215;start=0#42061 date=1027074190]ur in Canada so ur not affected by the idiocy of the US government as much as the people who actually live in the US[/quote]

Maybe not as much, but it still affects me.

[quote author=Charles Dexter Ward link=board=13;threadid=4215;start=0#41728 date=1026909753]
    See, you guys have got it all wrong; if a hacker killed someone, the court system would evaluate his case, give him treatment, slap his wrist and say "That wasn't very nice, don't do it again." and send him on his merry way.
    However, if he hacks into some major corporations system and steals a million dollars (that, in reality, doesn't exist), by American standards, he's lucky not to get drawn and quartered. This country operates on the principle "Money talks, and you better keep your hands off mine." Equity in punishment depends on how much you stole. Ain't greed wonderful?
    [/quote]

Ugh! That's the first think I thought of. Isn't it great that rapists, child molesters, wife beaters, and a lot of murderers are far less dangerous then a computer hacker, and get out of jail after a insignificant period of time, which the computer hacker who didn't really hurt anyone(except big business), and certainly didn't scar someone for life(or take life from them) gets to rot in jail for the rest of their life. Thats about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Ugh! Makes me mad.