Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Telnet for Game Purposes only

Thread: Telnet for Game Purposes only

Telnet for Game Purposes only

Before I upgraded all the available eratta <SP> and other stuff for my RH7.3 box including the latest and greatest RH kernel 2.14-8.5 I was able to open a shell <terminal> and type telnet btshadows.net <port> it resolved quickly and poof I was into my game.

Now it sits and waits and waits and about a minute or more it finally logs into the game.

What is hosed. The domain is a domain I own. The IP has not changed, I did not change anything in my system.

Any clue how to speed it up? I know named is running as it has always ran same with bind (no tweaking of .conf files)

Thanks
    Ras

Re:Telnet for Game Purposes only

1. Check whether the machine you're connecting from uses a DNS server that "knows" your telnet/game server.

2. Check if your server is able to do a reverse DNS lookup of the client

3. Quick "fix" to verify that the problem is indeed DNS-related: use /etc/hosts to make 100% that both machines know each other

4. Are you sure that no .conf files were replaced by rpm during upgrade ? (I have bad experiences with up2date breaking my sendmail configuration, check your bind conf files)