Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Anyone have an updated CDRW PET?

Thread: Anyone have an updated CDRW PET?

Anyone have an updated CDRW PET?

Looking to install an IDE CDRW under RH7.3. I saw the pet but it said something about SCSI so I am thinking that cant be the pet for me?

Is there anyone with an updated PET for IDE?

Ras

Re:Anyone have an updated CDRW PET?

Burners currently need SCSI or SCSI emulation to work under Linux.

hello,
    you still need the SCSI emulation like Lovechild said - the PET works fine for me under RedHat 7.3 - although RedHat 7.3 did not set it up automatically, but it did not set up my other CD drive with SCSI emulation - hence I re-did it.

Good Guru

One tip that I took up -- when you can configure LILO or GRUB in the RedHat install, pass the parameter in there. It will work. the hdc=ide-scsi works then if you plop it in there. I felt kinda dumb not thinking of that when a friend of mine told me that one. Its almost so obvious it hurts to not have thought of it. IIRC, SuSE and Mandrake can do it too. I could be wrong, it has been a while since I have strayed from the RedHatted way to happiness....