Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my first KDE 3.1 screenshots

Re:my first KDE 3.1 screenshots

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=6;threadid=4160;start=0#41376 date=1026742268]
    [quote author=PapaNoHair link=board=6;threadid=4160;start=0#41373 date=1026741700]
    Nice job! I didn't realize the new KDE was that good.
    [/quote]

never think something is good because a screenshot looks good. try it out for yourself and then decide if it's good or not. a screenshot is just a shot of how the screen looks at that time, so it can only show you how good it looks and it can show off some features, but until u've actually tried them u don't know how good it is

i'm just posting this because i know someone who bases everything on screenshots. if a certain distro has cool looking screenshots he will immediately assume that it's a great distro (which is of course wrong because u can make a desktop look great no matter what distro it is)
    Very true - I have had some bad experiences with KDE but one of my pet peeves
    with it have always been I did not like it's looks. It did not seem that
    configurable before.
    [/quote]

well, i've gone back to kde 3.0.2 for now because of a small problem i'm having with the kded process. filed a bugreport, someone else did too so i'm not the only one with the problem. i'm using kbugbuster to keep an eye on both bug reports and as soon as it's fixed i'll be recompiling again

Wow, I like the Mac-look to KDE3.1. I'm going to have to give it a shot as soon as it stables.

Is having the taskbar up the top a KDE-3.1 thing or can it be done in kde-3.0.x?

[quote author=segfault link=board=6;threadid=4160;start=0#41703 date=1026893259]
    Is having the taskbar up the top a KDE-3.1 thing or can it be done in kde-3.0.x?
    [/quote]

can be done in 3.0.x as well
    just right click on ur panel and add an extension to ur panel. that extension should be an external taskbar. then remove the taskbar that's already on the panel. then open kcontrol and place the external taskbar at the top of the screen

Thanks! I also noticed that you got rid of the ^ button on the external taskbar. Any ideas how to do that? Had a look around but its late and I'm tired.

kcontrol - taskbar - Show Window List Button