Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

RH7.3 after upgrade of Kernel Freezes?

Thread: RH7.3 after upgrade of Kernel Freezes?

RH7.3 after upgrade of Kernel Freezes?

Anyone having the same problem? RH7.3 with Kernel 2-4.18-5 keeps locking up. It does it in screen saver it does it at the desktop. I have SETI and TKSETI running, GAIM, LICQ and my MUD. There are three other MUDs on my machine all running as well.

The CPU temp is 104 for an athalon 900 so I dont think that is the fault the CPU fan is running at 6200 RPM.

One NIC installed Video Card is on the PCI bus

Thanks Ras

Re:RH7.3 after upgrade of Kernel Freezes?

hello,
    temp sounds good - have you read LoveChild's PET for the athlon fix over there -> http://www.linuxjunior.org/cgi-bin/p...play&id=63
    it may help...

i also upgraded to 2.4.18-5 from redhat but have not used it much, but it did not lock up on me.

104 is high for Danish standards... I'm counting on that being F not C... even though we should all be using Kalvin for temperatur measurement...

but seriously try the mem=nopentium fix and see if it makes it better.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=2;threadid=4204;start=0#41569 date=1026832259]
    104 is high for Danish standards... I'm counting on that being F not C... even though we should all be using Kalvin for temperatur measurement...

but seriously try the mem=nopentium fix and see if it makes it better.
    [/quote]

Aha... After 4 attempts at a clean install and it locking up I figured out the problem. A couple of weeks ago (about the time it started locking up) I stupidly hit the restore default bios settings button. Yeah I know don't ask....

Anyway talking tonight with PBHARRIS I remembered enabling the soundblaster bios setting. Duh I don't have a soundblaster.... It seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks all
    Ras