Thread: Browser for Evolution?

Mentor

Browser for Evolution?

When I get an email with a hyperlink and try to click on it ,Evolution on my computer at work nicely brings up Mozilla and takes me to the link location. However at home I click on a link and nothing happens. Does anyone know how to set the default browser for Evolution?

Re:Browser for Evolution?

[quote author=cloverm link=board=2;threadid=4164;start=0#41303 date=1026689020]
    When I get an email with a hyperlink and try to click on it ,Evolution on my computer at work nicely brings up Mozilla and takes me to the link location. However at home I click on a link and nothing happens. Does anyone know how to set the default browser for Evolution?

[/quote]
    I don't believe it is set in the program - if memory serves me correct I went to the KDE control center and changed it there.

[quote author=PapaNoHair link=board=2;threadid=4164;start=0#41370 date=1026741331]

[/quote]
    I don't believe it is set in the program - if memory serves me correct I went to the KDE control center and changed it there.
    [/quote]

I just did this Sunday. If I can remember right it is in KDE Control panel like Papa said.

Ras

Mentor

[quote author=Rastar link=board=2;threadid=4164;start=#41647 date=1026854281]
    [quote author=PapaNoHair link=board=2;threadid=4164;start=0#41370 date=1026741331]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

I just did this Sunday. If I can remember right it is in KDE Control panel like Papa said.

Ras
    [/quote]

I can't find anything (KDE 3.0.2). What should I be looking for?

[quote author=cloverm link=board=2;threadid=4164;start=0#41648 date=1026855400]
    [quote author=Rastar link=board=2;threadid=4164;start=#41647 date=1026854281]
    Sorry for delay - to set browser go to Gnome Control Center. Once there you just click for preferred applications (believe that is worded that way) and click the down arrow - select the brower you want and voila. Could not find it in KDE but if memory serves me correct it was listed (for me in MDK 8.2) under sawfish (which I don't use anymore). Same type of setup - prefererred apps, select your choice.

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Ras
    [/quote]

I can't find anything (KDE 3.0.2). What should I be looking for?
    [/quote]

cloverm: file associations => .html => ur favorite browser

but i don't see how changing that in KDE would do anything for evolution seeing as how evolution doesn't have anything to do with KDE.

And btw, u should be using kmail anyway

Sorry for delay - to set browser go to Gnome Control Center. Once there you just click for preferred applications (believe that is worded that way) and click the down arrow - select the brower you want and voila. Could not find it in KDE but if memory serves me correct it was listed (for me in MDK 8.2) under sawfish (which I don't use anymore). Same type of setup - prefererred apps, select your choice.

Above is a re-do of previous reply. Don't know how it got so messed up but my reply was blended into your request. I use Evolution primarily but KMail secondarily - just wish it had some more features. Anxious to see what the new version looks like.