Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Nvoption doesnt do anything for me?

Thread: Nvoption doesnt do anything for me?

Nvoption doesnt do anything for me?

When I saw this program I was in heaven! I was just complainign about Linux not having some sort of GUI for all the nvidia options, and BAM this shows up in google : http://www.sorgonet.com/linux/nvoption/ I can get it compiled and it runs no problem, but when I change some options and click apply, it does nothing. Nothing gets written to my XF86Config-4 file at all...... All i want to do really is get that shadowed mouse to work and play with the dual displays and clone displays so I can play Unreal Tourney at 175FPS on my TV

Has anyone tried this program?? Any luck?

Good Guru

Re:Nvoption doesnt do anything for me?

This looks pretty damn cool! I would say that perhaps you need to do a su/sudo when running the app. I would suppose that you aren't getting root priveledges to the file, so when it does modify the file -- it cannot save it properly. Thats what my hat told me anyhow......

Come on now, you know I tried root It doesnt give an error or anything, I click apply and thats it. The site says something about the drivers need to be installed correctly, maybe mine arent? I installed via source and they work great, but I hacked the config file alot.....

Good Guru

Thats wierd...... I'll try it when I get home (providing I have time to putz with it). I got a stock RH7.2 and 7.3 script and only modified to get the GF working.

Yea I think somethign was wrong with my X in the beginning, by default Mandrake had me using 3.3.6 with FB server. It never really detected it as a Geforce I guess....So i had to install 4.2.0 and got it working fine, but the file is kinda all over the place right now....I'll get it posted up here when I get home...Thanks

Good Guru

Well thats cool! I really would like to see what ya got -- and what options are worth enabling.