Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Lost Interrupt
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost Interrupt

Lost Interrupt

I can't seem to do anything with my DVD-ROM without it crapping out on me and getting a repeating message aobut Lost Inturrupt 7. Is there any way to fix this?

Good Guru

Re:Lost Interrupt

I recall this issue a bit back in WIn98SE days. Are you sharing that IRQ?

Mentor

Interrupt 7 belongs to the parallel port, shoudn't have anything to do with your DVD-ROM. Try shutting down lpr (or cups), disconnect your printer or something.

[quote author=cloverm link=board=3;threadid=4098;start=0#40592 date=1026159154]
    Interrupt 7 belongs to the parallel port, shoudn't have anything to do with your DVD-ROM. Try shutting down lpr (or cups), disconnect your printer or something.
    [/quote]

I don't have cups or lpr installed/running on this box. I also noticed now that when I start my box up it says sometihng like "Supurious IRQ (NUMBERS/LETTERS) 7"

How would I check and see if I am sharing the IRQ?

Good Guru

Well, I would look in your favorite hardware info repository (kde and gnome's control panels can do it, plus you always have the /proc filesystem to use too)

If you dont need your parallel port, disable it in your bios. You can free up a memory address, IRQ, and DMA.

Allright, I've removed the parallel port from my bios and giving my DVD-ROM a nice test movie! wish me luck!

Mentor

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=3;threadid=4098;start=#40639 date=1026178380]
    Allright, I've removed the parallel port from my bios and giving my DVD-ROM a nice test movie! wish me luck!
    [/quote]
    Good luck! ;D

Nope, didn't work :-\ I disabled just about everything that is not in use ... here is a rundown on my box just in case anything stands out as a problem ....

DVD-ROM (Master)
    10x8x32x CD-Burner (Slave)
    Floppy
    hda 20gig (Master)
    hdb 80gig (Slave)
    Athlong 1700+ XP Processor

Mentor

What distro are you using? Have you tried recompiling your kernel?

[quote author=cloverm link=board=3;threadid=4098;start=0#40644 date=1026180268]
    What distro are you using? Have you tried recompiling your kernel?
    [/quote]

I am currently using Debian 3.0 (Woody). I have tried with both 2.2.x kernel and 2.4.18 with and without premption.