Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #46 @ Genome

Good Guru

Re:#46 @ Genome

The linux box I had running here at work with GAH was fine. Its just winders that sucks. No process priority. The link says that there are process priorities and in XP here there are supposed priorities, but winders just cant multitask that efficiently. Thats the bottom line.

We have fallen back .... # 47

Good Guru

bummer !!

Schotty,

You just need more RAM on that thing .... VGA is okay I guess if you aren't using anything else graphic intensive ....

When I had a bad RAM and had to use Win2K on P-233 with 32 MB of RAM, it went hell .... Froze up most of the time and had to wait for literally a few minutes to even start moving my mouse ... Once I upgraded to 128K, it's all running great ... I can use Net, Office at the same time runnning GAH . Add a bit of RAM and it will come back to life ....

No friend of mine would believe that the box they are logging in and downloading programs is P-233 with Debian/IceWM.

[quote author=Black666 link=board=22;threadid=4095;start=0#41520 date=1026801577]
    We have fallen back .... # 47
    [/quote]

Ok that's enough ... I've added another computer to my genome account - a Pentium4 1,6GHz
    We have to gain in rank, not loose.

When everything works fine with my gentoo installation here at work this will be anther box for crunching (Celeron700).

Advisor

That does it.. I've just added the usual 3 boxes from my former workplace. (Since I still have a login there, and they havn't changed the root passwd)

As long as they don't find out, it'll be crunching for us..

[quote author=redhead link=board=22;threadid=4095;start=0#41630 date=1026847870]
    That does it.. I've just added the usual 3 boxes from my former workplace. (Since I still have a login there, and they havn't changed the root passwd)

As long as they don't find out, it'll be crunching for us..
    [/quote]

That's the spirit ;D

[quote author=Black666 link=board=22;threadid=4095;start=0#41566 date=1026830453]
    When everything works fine with my gentoo installation here at work this will be anther box for crunching (Celeron700).
    [/quote]

My gentoo box joined crunching today ;D
    It's time for rock'n'roll !!! 8)

Good Guru

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=22;threadid=4095;start=0#41532 date=1026805359]
    bummer !!

Schotty,

You just need more RAM on that thing .... VGA is okay I guess if you aren't using anything else graphic intensive ....

When I had a bad RAM and had to use Win2K on P-233 with 32 MB of RAM, it went hell .... Froze up most of the time and had to wait for literally a few minutes to even start moving my mouse ... Once I upgraded to 128K, it's all running great ... I can use Net, Office at the same time runnning GAH . Add a bit of RAM and it will come back to life ....

No friend of mine would believe that the box they are logging in and downloading programs is P-233 with Debian/IceWM.
    [/quote]

Unlikely to happen. We are a rapist farm. We jip the customers, and the owners reap the benefits. Most machines have 32MB, I am lucky with 64MB. But I do recall when I had my hands on a 128MB stick(testing the servers RAM) it went ALOT smoother.

And BTW guys, when I finally get back online at home, I got a massive dump for ya'll No broadband for 3 weeks with 4 instances on 2 boxes.... ,9 and .7 GHz