Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Software jewel : dvdrip - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Software jewel : dvdrip

Good Guru

Re:Software jewel : dvdrip

What she dont know wont hurt you I suppose.... right?

[quote author=Schotty link=board=2;threadid=4094;start=0#40604 date=1026165920]
    What she dont know wont hurt you I suppose.... right?
    [/quote]

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=2;threadid=4094;start=0#40548 date=1026135969]
    I just started using this wonderful perl / gtk+ tool to turn my DVD movies into DiVX5 movies which I in return can watch on my laptop or take to a friends place who doesn't have a DVD player. Basically it turns ripping DVDs from a complicated task into an easy 6 step program even a child can learn to master in a matter of minutes.

1) DVD in drive
    2) mount
    3) start DVDrip
    4) read TOC and select chapters to copy
    5) transcode
    6) enjoy

DVDrip even features calulation on the spot regarding bitrates, MP3 encoding of sound and automatic resizing. It's really dead easy !

http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/
    [/quote]

What sort of size are we looking at per movie for what resolution? When I mucked around with my own videos (From a capture card) and DivX, the compression ratio sucked.

[edit] And how long does this all take (Roughly)

I'm doing an experiment right now.

compressing Spy Game twice:

2h1m17s

First run:

Estimated: 2x700megs, real: 700 + 560.
    Compressing in first pass - quality to size: good.
    no filters
    Runtime ~4hours

Second run:

Estimated: 700megs, real: not finished yet
    compressing in second pass - quality to size: EXELLENT
    all filters set to max.
    Runtime ~16,5 hours

whooa - [me=pbharris]slides lovey a big ass beer in a mug - the mug that says "Bad motherfucker"[/me]

Good Guru

Since LC cant drink it, I will in proxy

[me=pbharris]slides lovey's big beer to Schotty [/me]

Good Guru

[me=Schotty]devours the beer like a cheap whore.[/me]

I now have the proof that DVDrip can read NTSC movies, I'm converting one from NTSC to PAL as we speak, while encoding.

The Spitfire Grill will be done at 3-4am tomorrow, then I think Pilot deserves a reboot.

Somehow, seeing wonderful and Perl in the sentence makes me want to destroy the planet