Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: hdc: cdrom_pc_intr: The drive appears confused (ireason = 0x 1)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    54

    hdc: cdrom_pc_intr: The drive appears confused (ireason = 0x 1)

    When booting, I get this message (kernel 2.4.18):

    Code:
    hdc: lost interrupt
    hdc: cdrom_pc_intr: The drive appears confused (ireason = 0x 1)
    hdc: lost interrupt
    hdc: cdrom_pc_intr: The drive appears confused (ireason = 0x 1)
    hdc: lost interrupt
    hdc: cdrom_pc_intr: The drive appears confused (ireason = 0x 1)
    This goes on and on an infinite number of times. It seems nothing helps to get out of this loop, except Ctrl+Alt+Del.

    Note that this problem is not reproducible, when I boot I have like 75% chance that it will work, 25% I get the above problem.

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re:hdc: cdrom_pc_intr: The drive appears confused (ireason = 0x 1)

    I guessing you have a VIA chipset and there's a hack for that chipset in the WOLK kernel. The patches you should need are:

    026_ide
    026_ide-addon
    026_ide-addon-cd-dma-3.patch
    100_VIA-oops-fixup.patch
    380_VIA_isa_bridges_init_data.patch
    408_VIA-WORKS-AGAIN-YES.patch

    if that doesn't apply cleanly just apply the entire thing using the addpatches script (recommended). If you have never compiled your own kernel before, please consult our PET section for an exellent guide. Or get on IRC irc.openprojects.net / #ljr and I'm sure someone will help you in your quest.

    wolk.sourceforge.net

Similar Threads

  1. Very confused
    By CooLa in forum Windows - General Topics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 06:27 AM
  2. It appears the Red Sox won something
    By in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 10:03 AM
  3. Confused
    By mcdougrs in forum Linux - Software, Applications & Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 04:21 PM
  4. Confused about Drivers
    By Ashcrow in forum Linux - Software, Applications & Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-12-2002, 04:24 PM
  5. we are confused...
    By pbharris in forum Announcements and Suggestions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-29-2001, 02:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •