Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Programming
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Programming

Programming

Ok, I finally decided I want to get into serious programming. I've been messing around with C, and now i want to stick with it. Any tools/programs that would make my life easier coding, or should i just do everything myself to get used to it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

KDevelop is one of the best IDE's I have ever used. It's simply great. Not just for KDE apps either. Give it a look http://www.kdevelop.org I am sure you will find what you are looking for with it.

Another thats good (for the kde stuff) is the QT packages.....

Kdevelop

Going to take a look at Kdevelop and QT today, appreciate it! :wink:

Associate

Bah!!

Emacs and gcc is all you need. I don't care much for the fluff myself. Takd the more difficult road, young jedi. You'll be all the stronger for it...

Now there's the mantra of a true glutton-for-punishment!!

i try to refrain from coding much anymore, but when i did it on a daily basis i started out with IDE's and quickly went back to text editors, you will start to notice that a lot of the niceties that IDE's bring to the table also causes problems with your code half the time, ill skip the shortcuts and put it in myself, not as pretty but it involves far lses advil

I know exactly what you mean - I used to use FrontPage (back in my Windows days) to code the sites that I worked on but now I only use text editors.

I will be starting to learn Python when my finals are over and I plan to onlt use text editors, although Linux Format have had a few great Python IDE's written up over the past few months that I might have a look at.

Jamie

Front Page -- gag me with a spoon...

Emacs. Good stuff. Makefiles. Good stuff. Or, you can compile everything from the command line yourself. If you're weird.
    \"I will do what I have to do to be reelected.\"
    --George H. W. Bush, January 3, 1992

\"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.\"
    --George W. Bush, September 29, 2000

Ho, ho.

programming

eh, its just fusterating getting used to the CLI still, vi is a pain when your new it it