Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Installing ASUS DVD Player

Thread: Installing ASUS DVD Player

Installing ASUS DVD Player

I'm trying to install the software DVD player that came with my ASUS V6600 video card. When I feed the installation program the serial number (the one written in really, really small print on the bottom left side of the CD), it gags.

Is there some special trick to this? I've double checked the serial number (using a magnifying glass to read it) but no luck so far. Thanks.

Good Guru

Re:Installing ASUS DVD Player

What DVD app are you trying to use? I have used the PowerDVD app, and have gotten it to work out okay.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=2;threadid=4078;start=0#40553 date=1026136647]
    What DVD app are you trying to use? I have used the PowerDVD app, and have gotten it to work out okay.
    [/quote]

ASUSDVD v.1.3.4. I believe ASUS's DVD player is based on WINDVD.

I have the trial version of PowerDVD and like it alot but don't want to buy PowerDVD unless I can't get my ASUSDVD to work, which I already own.

I used to have a crack of PowerDVD but lost it...don't ask me how, it's a long sad story.

Good Guru

Well I have I think 2 serials somewhere for PowerDVD. I suppose I can give you one (since I refuse to use winders unless forced with a castration threat).

I am more than apt though to call their customer service line. They may have a fix for you.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=2;threadid=4078;start=0#40603 date=1026165854]
    Well I have I think 2 serials somewhere for PowerDVD. I suppose I can give you one (since I refuse to use winders unless forced with a castration threat).

I am more than apt though to call their customer service line. They may have a fix for you.
    [/quote]

If memory serves me correctly, not only do I need a serial number but I also need a little program to disable the timeout function (i.e., 30 days and then the thing quits). But, if you want to zap me an S/N (send me a message), I'll give it a whirl...and thanks.

I actually never thought of calling ASUS, just went to their Web site which doesn't seem to offer great support.

Good Guru

when I dig up my cd sleeve I can whip the S/N your way. Hell, since I am on a CD burning frenzy to help out the Linux deprived, I could even mail you my original and its sleeve with that sticker on it. Like I said -- I dont use winders except at work for anything useful. I got XP on my box "Evil" and thats just until NWN gets the Linux binary out.

As for ASUS, their phone is only marginally better than their email support. Trust me I have been down that road before......

[quote author=Schotty link=board=2;threadid=4078;start=0#40683 date=1026221596]
    when I dig up my cd sleeve I can whip the S/N your way. Hell, since I am on a CD burning frenzy to help out the Linux deprived, I could even mail you my original and its sleeve with that sticker on it. Like I said -- I dont use winders except at work for anything useful. I got XP on my box "Evil" and thats just until NWN gets the Linux binary out.

As for ASUS, their phone is only marginally better than their email support. Trust me I have been down that road before......
    [/quote]

I might pursue the CD route if the S/N doesn't do the job on the trial version. Mighty generous of you.

Good Guru

No problem. Let me dig it up just to make sure I can send it. I just got done moving and some stuff is still missing --- hiding in bags and boxes....