Thread: Netscape 6.2

Netscape 6.2

Wow!

I was a Netscape user from way back, when I had a 3.x version on my Mac. I used the 4.x series on mac and Windows, and when I came to Linux. But when 6.0 came out, I was horrified. NS 6.0 was the most vomitous mass of crap code ever. I loathed it. And I went back to 4.77 and stayed. Then it was Mozilla and Konqueror. Mozilla won me over and became my choice browser up until KDE 3, when I started using Konq full time. But Konq, good as it is, still isn't quite up there with Mozilla in my opinion.

But, here on my new SuSE disks is Netscape 6.2 and the word on street is that it does not blow goats. In fact, it is Mozilla with some nice extras.

So, I load it up and, Wow! This browser (and suite) rocks! It is fast and stable, renders like a champ and it loads and runs faster than Mozilla too, which is odd, and I don't understand why this is so. It also has the spell checker for the html editor and e-mail client. Plus, AOL IM is included, and actually, I know a lot of folks who use AOL (shuddup! They are non-computer-type friends and family- I bet you know some too )

I love Netscape Mail by the way. Always have and I am happy yo have it back. I like it way more than KMail. And, doggonit, I like Composer. It produces usable and valid html and is very easy to use. I can always tweak the code by hand in mcedit anyway.

So, overall, what I am saying is that Netscape 6.2 is great and I love it and am very happy to have it on my system.

Good Guru

Re:Netscape 6.2

Same here -- I have been using NS6 for about a year and a half now. Wass using Kmail for email, but switched over to NS simply because it worked. Glad to see I am not alone

Mentor

i've been using netscape since 6 came out , i remember people making fun of me for using it

It NEVER gave me any problems

I agree with schotty , the e-mail is great, simple to configure.

Good Guru

WOOT!

Netscape6 clan is forming