Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

CDRW Help

Thread: CDRW Help

CDRW Help

Looking to purchase a CDRW for my linux box. Here is what I came up with but before I shell out the $$'s want to make sure it will work with Redhat 7.3

Drive Name and specs:
    Asus CRW-3212A 32x12x40 CDRW

BTW the price is 59.00 US and is available at newegg.com

Ras

Re:CDRW Help

Since you didn't say otherwise, I would assume it to be ide ATAPI? Almost certain to work anymore, but check the hardware docs if you want to be more certain, and if you want to be 100% sure, try it out.

[quote author=nerkey link=board=3;threadid=4030;start=0#40094 date=1025728150]
    Since you didn't say otherwise, I would assume it to be ide ATAPI? Almost certain to work anymore, but check the hardware docs if you want to be more certain, and if you want to be 100% sure, try it out.
    [/quote]

It probably will work as long as it is ATAPI. I went out a few years back and bought one and didn't even bother checking to see if it would work and it works fine (ACER). You just have to set the kernel up to use it.

teh manual says linux is compatable.

Good Guru

My Yamaha works great but then again it's SCSI. ( never mind that it's only 4 speed ).

Good Guru

my evil HP is a 4x too ;D

Most IDE burners are gonna work fine. I havent had an issue yet.