Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

YAMQ : Yet Another Mutt Question

Thread: YAMQ : Yet Another Mutt Question

YAMQ : Yet Another Mutt Question

Ive read the articles, noted the various screenshots...

But

Is MUTT all its cracked up to be?

Re:YAMQ : Yet Another Mutt Question

I am sure that i am not even using it to it's optimum capabilities but it is pretty darn good especially when combined with procmail. It is lite and fast.
    But of course if you are happy with what you use then there is no need for it. It can be diffcult to get working too. In my case it was a perfect fit for my needs and desires

You may want to check it out if you are curious.

Re:YAMQ : Yet Another Mutt Question

[quote author=demancey link=board=2;threadid=4027;start=0#40048 date=1025675552]Is MUTT all its cracked up to be?[/quote]

No, it is much, much more.

I get around 100-200 emails per day, and mutt is part of an amazingly efficient system in witch all of my mail is sorted automatically for me, I just have to read it, and mutt (plus other tools) do the rest.

For example, all of my mail is automatically sorted into the various mailing lists when it first comes in (this is done by procmail), then it is automatically archived (by year and month) by mutt when i'm done reading it (I don't have to do anything), and it's automtically compressed at the end of the month* too.

Anyway you look at it, my system for looking after mail is extremely efficient, and mutt is a central part of it

* that's done by a script I wrote that runs out of cron, though