Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gift for my mother in law...

Gift for my mother in law...

damn, her birthday is coming up and I have no idea what to get her...

What do you get for a person that hates your guts ?

Kind Mastermind

Re:Gift for my mother in law...

Lovey, the solution is simple...marry her daughter! ;D

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=14;threadid=4010;start=0#39932 date=1025607862]
    Lovey, the solution is simple...marry her daughter! ;D
    [/quote]

She would HATE that... no to mention the fact that my gf would NEVER marry me..

How about a nice, stylishly bound photograph album. You can put in a signed photograph of your good self on the first page to help get her started.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=4010;start=0#39930 date=1025605698]
    damn, her birthday is coming up and I have no idea what to get her...

What do you get for a person that hates your guts ?
    [/quote]Hmmmmmm....... How about YOUR GUTS; nicely gift-wrapped, of course. ;D

I think I'll be a good boy and buy her some kitchen stuff - she's trying to lose weight following the Weight watchers diet so I think I'll buy her some nice things to cook with. Unfortunately she dislikes music for some reason, so I can't really go buy her some nice Beatles or anything like that...

Seriously, I've always found that women respond very well to live plants; nothing huge, but perhaps a nice aromatic herb, like Lavender; it smells wonderful, and it's a very personal gift- plus it LASTS.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=4010;start=0#39946 date=1025615202]
    I think I'll be a good boy and buy her some kitchen stuff - she's trying to lose weight following the Weight watchers diet so I think I'll buy her some nice things to cook with. Unfortunately she dislikes music for some reason, so I can't really go buy her some nice Beatles or anything like that...
    [/quote]

Hmmm...if you wanted to be mean, you could order her some chocolates from around the world! Say, 5 kilos or so.

If not, do you guys have Pampered Chef products? It's probably an American thing, but you never know. They have some very interesting, if somewhat expensive kitchen crap (my wife routinely buys several hundred dollars worth of it a year).

Luckily for me, my mother-in-law likes me (as much as anyone can actually like me). In fact, my in-laws might be coming out to visit my family and I soon. Yeah. That should be very fun.

Anyway, keep us posted, Lovechild, we want to know what you bought your innie for her birthday!

humm - i would try with a bit of humor - nothing tasteless but not too clean either. i have never given my mother in law a gift directly, but if i did it would be funny - at least i hope it would be.

WindowsXP