Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Well, LNO is upgraded... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well, LNO is upgraded...

Re:Well, LNO is upgraded...

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=13;threadid=3990;start=0#39811 date=1025542389]
    really, who cares.. LNO is troll infected waters anyways.
    [/quote]

Hmmm?? The only place you have to deal with that is usually in Rants. Every now and then in Off-topic. I agree that some subjects go to far before they are locked, but with new management, maybe that'll change.

As far as people saying that it's too much work? It took me <15 minutes to reactivate my account. They apparently do have a bug that's being worked on(the link Mimi posted). But when you integrate two BBSs, and transfer close to 40,000 user account to completely different software, it's to be expected.

Really, the anti-LNO sentiment is kinda suprising. Most of ya'll got your linux starts there, and wouldn't be where you are today without it(there wouldn't be a LJR if it wasn't for LNO). It's a Linux resource that helps newbies. Isn't that what we're aiming for? If you got offended by something in an off-topic forum that doesn't mean that hundreds of newbies aren't helped a day, and that means that more people get into linux. Linux grows, linux takes over the world, and windows goes away. Isn't that worth something????

[quote author=11000 link=board=13;threadid=3990;start=0#39984 date=1025644522]

Really, the anti-LNO sentiment is kinda suprising. [/quote]

I really don't think that there is an anti-LNO sentiment here. I think that many people here go to both boards. Some people here may have gotten bad vibes from LNO (people banned for silly reasons, etc.). Maybe other people lost their accounts in the board explosions.

The antagonism from both boards should stop.

Really, the anti-LNO sentiment is kinda suprising. Most of ya'll got your linux starts there, and wouldn't be where you are today without it(there wouldn't be a LJR if it wasn't for LNO).
    [/quote]

We got our start from the LNO ran by Sensei. I have nothing bad to say about Sensei or the old LNO. But obviously it's not the same as it used to be. To say that the site is well-maintained would be a joke. Maybe that'll change soon but that's the future. And like Mimi said, many of us like myself were banned for stupid crap. I would have kept posting there if it wasn't for that, but I don't succumb to dickhead leaders. If I wanted to do that, I'd join the army. LNO has lost many of its bricks since Sensei left, and if The Company doesn't do something about it, it will collapse.

Really, the anti-LNO sentiment is kinda suprising. Most of ya'll got your linux starts there, and wouldn't be where you are today without it(there wouldn't be a LJR if it wasn't for LNO). It's a Linux resource that helps newbies. Isn't that what we're aiming for? If you got offended by something in an off-topic forum that doesn't mean that hundreds of newbies aren't helped a day, and that means that more people get into linux. Linux grows, linux takes over the world, and windows goes away. Isn't that worth something????
    [/quote]

I can say that LNO did help me with some of my Linux problems. I was arround LNO almost from the start of it but even then I found a lot of RTFM people when it came to things that seemed non-RTFMesque (I just made a new word!). I went back to LNO not to long ago and didn't find it very inviting at all, no big deal, just the new LNO is not for me.

We also are here to help newbies (and eachother). We are pretty much an internet GLUG with a very strong core. Some people like the flashy lights and classic help posts like "HELFP ME!!!!!!11 I CANT GET MY EMAIKL!!!!111" type questions and others like LJR's more relaxed almost family like environment.

Hear, Hear!! Well spoken!

Good Guru

Really, the anti-LNO sentiment is kinda suprising.
    [/quote]
    I don't think there is such thing as anti-LNO sentiment. Some people may have spoken out their views but it's very small minority.

Most of ya'll got your linux starts there, and wouldn't be where you are today without it
    With all due respect, I absolutely disagree. I have had some help from LNO, but the notion that I won't be using Linux if LNO weren't there is just untrue. I'm fine with my local LUGs and mailing lists and BBSes like Linuxorbit, LJR, Linuxlaboratory, thank you.

(there wouldn't be a LJR if it wasn't for LNO).
    There is a LJR because there isn't a good LNO. There is just a used-to-be-good LNO.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Well put. I, too, started using Linux before I knew of LNO or any other BBS. I went there mainly because it is widely promoted but have been here for just over a year because LNO was getting unfriendly and I kept getting disconnected from the site. I find this site much more friendly and there are a lot of us here who are LNO refugees. Long Live LJR!

Wow. They finally unbanned me for my implied vulgarity. Maybe next time they'll at least warn me before permanently banning me for something so petty. (I doubt I'll be going there enough anymore for anyone to notice me.)

Good Guru

Implied vulgarity???

I tried....I really did. The new and improved LNO is driving me crazy. They did finally put a link to the forums on the home page but all the banners down the right hand side are too much.

I came here this morning and breathed a sigh of relief.

Think I'll be dropping by more often from now on.

Lucyjean