Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Graphical Logon + Blackbox

Thread: Graphical Logon + Blackbox

Graphical Logon + Blackbox

I am installing Linux on my bro's box again... Hopefully this time he sticks with linux and not xp. He wants blackbox as his wm. When his box start's up it it gives him differnt choice of wm. How can I make it so that one of the choices is blackbox? I have just installed Mandrake 8.2... BTW those anyone know if mandrake has a apt-get system. And how does it work?

Re:Graphical Logon + Blackbox

urpmi is what you're looking for, oh and both kdm and gdm should offer to set "current selection" as default

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=6;threadid=3972;start=0#39574 date=1025279258]
    I am installing Linux on my bro's box again... Hopefully this time he sticks with linux and not xp. He wants blackbox as his wm. When his box start's up it it gives him differnt choice of wm. How can I make it so that one of the choices is blackbox? I have just installed Mandrake 8.2... BTW those anyone know if mandrake has a apt-get system. And how does it work?
    [/quote]

you will have to use gdmconfig or the configuration tool for KDE to add blackbox to the login menu list.

Yes mandrake has an apt-get tool but i have no clue what it is called unless that is what Urpmi is. If it is not Urpmi apparently solves dependencies.

I think the protocol for Urpmi is:

Urpmi <packagename>

There may be option that you can put infront of the package name too.

when I try to use that apt-get type of tool it requests cd 2.. Is there anyway that it can just download the package off the internet?

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=6;threadid=3972;start=0#39612 date=1025300247]
    when I try to use that apt-get type of tool it requests cd 2.. Is there anyway that it can just download the package off the internet?
    [/quote]

I think so, you can define update sites using the rpmdrake tool...