Thread: Samba PET?

Samba PET?

Ok, we have a Samba PET that is actually just a link to a article that really isn't that really isn't in "Plain English". Maybe something that explains how to setup your Linux box as a WINS server, and let you know how to correctly make the two machines see each other. Also, maybe some help with XP. (Which a lot of places lack) Just a thought.

Good Guru

Re:Samba PET?

KK: I own the damn book on Samba! I am central time, so buzz me about 10pm tonight.

email to 4144063003@page.nextel.com

That buzzes my Nextel. After that I can meet you in IRC or whatever and help you build the file.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=23;threadid=3926;start=0#39234 date=1025038099]
    KK: I own the damn book on Samba! I am central time, so buzz me about 10pm tonight.

That buzzes my Nextel. After that I can meet you in IRC or whatever and help you build the file.
    [/quote]

Then what about the next time someone needs samba help - a PET would be nice... can you be bribed?....................... I have beer...

Good Guru

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=23;threadid=3926;start=0#39237 date=1025038282]
    [quote author=Schotty link=board=23;threadid=3926;start=0#39234 date=1025038099]

[/quote]

Then what about the next time someone needs samba help - a PET would be nice... can you be bribed?....................... I have beer...
    [/quote]

Fine..... I will even do it without a huge beer truck bribe. Just one beer ;D

But I find it easier to help one-on-one, and then do a manual. And considering that Samba has so many options -- the book was my only way to go. I mean, making a MS PDC, BDC and so forth arent normal uses that many people come up with for Samba. But it can do it -- and well.

I agree with the book idea, but there are so many people switching over that they want their Win machines incorperated. I've noticed this is not an easy task at all. Yes, it has almost too many options, but like a simple PET to get their feet wet with.

[me=Kernel_Killer]sends Schotty a case of Tsintao via UPS. ;D[/me]

Good Guru

Thnaks bud, Tsintao was some good beer 8)