Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Floppy Troubles

Thread: Floppy Troubles

Floppy Troubles

After installing my new hard drive my floppy goes on the fritz and I am nto sure why. There is enough power going to it and it's all plugged in to the FDD on the mother board. Any ideas?

Re:Floppy Troubles

did ya connect it to the second or first connector? i.e. is it before the twist in the cable? that has messed me up, fd0 should get the twisted one.

I had it on the last FD cable on the cord. There isn't a twist per-se that I can see. Does it matter which port on the cord it's on?

Also, the floppy 'working' light comes on and sits for a few seconds befpre the 'Floopy not working error 40' shows up on the BIOS.

Good Guru

Have you tried another cable? Or conversely another floppy drive unit? I have wasted many minutes putzing with floppy problems, and the best thing I can say is try a replacment cable and floppy. You also may have the weird Japanese floppy (2.88 MB or whatever it was) mode turned on too. That can cause problems too.

Thanks guys. I tried messing with the cable and turned it upside down and it worked. Weird but true ...

Good Guru

hehe, see! Crazy shit can happen!