Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Star Trek Nemesis trailer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Trek Nemesis trailer

Good Guru

Re:Star Trek Nemesis trailer

What exactly is the plot sopposed to entail?

I mean no spoilers, but basic idea. Like ST II, we had Khan return and drive Kirk nuts. Is that goofey looking dude a badass like Khan (nahh, Khan was THE badass of all evil nemesises, plus Kirk was a cooler Captain and deserved to have the truly badass to deal with)

[quote author=coltrane link=board=14;threadid=3961;start=0#39926 date=1025601395]
    This will be the last movie with the TNG cast
    [/quote]

I read somewhere that some Voyeger guys will be in the movie as well. I wonder if we'll end up seeing Voyager movies or it will jump totally to Enterprise.

Good Guru

I didnt like voyager, so I hope you are right. I really enjoy Enterprise. Its cool to see how the federation was essentially geting its feet wet. Essentially in the first season, we saw the prime directive born. We saw that big guns are needed to keep the klingons and other nasties away. Enterprise has been in one season, more entertaining that all of voyager.

As many of you have probably already learned, Star Trek: Nemesis is about a political coup d'etat within the Romulan Empire. Remus, the sister planet to the capital of Romulus, is a world of darkness and home to the monstrous Remans. The Remans have long been used as cannon fodder and dilithium mining (slave) labor by the Romulans. Now, a Reman named Shinzon has, with the help of a few treacherous Romulan politicos, usurped the throne of the Praetor (the Romulan big cheese). Shinzon, however, is not really a Reman (or a Romulan for that matter) at all; he's a human being who was raised among the Remans and now considers himself one of them. So how did a human end up with the Remans?

Shinzon is actually a clone of the U.S.S. Enterprise's Captain Picard. This clone was meant to be a spy for the Romulans within the Federation. That dangerous plan was later scuttled and the outcast Shinzon was instead enslaved on Remus. Shinzon is only in his late 20's but a biological malfunction of sorts has disrupted his aging process so he'll die soon unless he can capture Picard and use his body to restore his own life. (There's a vampire-like connotation to this.)

On their way to drop off newlyweds Deanna Troi and (now Captain) Will Riker for their honeymoon, The Enterprise investigates some positronic signals that are emanating from a nearby planet. Long story short: they find Data's (other) long-lost "brother", yet another android identical to him that was manufactured by Dr. Soong. This android is called B-9 (as in "benign" because it's a more child-like, less sophisticated model than Data). Data essentially becomes his dimwitted brother's keeper and even downloads his own "memories" into B-9 to help him someday become more than what he is (this yearning to be more is the story's not-too-subtle theme). Soon, the Enterprise is ordered to have a parlay with new Romulan leader Shinzon, which further delays Troi and Riker's honeymoon. Needless to say, Picard is flabbergasted when he meets Shinzon. He's even more wary when Shinzon says he wants the slate wiped clean between the two intergalactic super powers and offers to establish peace with the Federation. Obviously, this is all just a ploy on Shinzon's part in order to accomplish his nefarious agenda....which includes destroying the earth with some sort of doomsday device

Good Guru

Interesting..... interesting indeed. Well, that week is gonna be a good one -- Nemesis and Two Towers! Yaaaaay

Cool, a new Star Trek movie.
    I hope they do a good job with this one.
    I love the show Enterprise, I think it's the best show since the old Star Trek.
    TNG was pretty good most of the time. 8)

supposedly, Captain or probably now admiral Janeway will make a little appearance. the movie looks like its gonna be great.

About the Enterprise finale, was it just me or did it look like the evil Sulaban guy was the same guy who was contacting Archer and pulled him to the 31st or whatever century?

-CJ

Good Guru

Very similar! Yeah now that I think about it!