Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Are you using Gnome2?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you using Gnome2?

Are you using Gnome2?

I'm a KDE fan, although, I may set up Fluxbox again.

NOTE: The screwed up answer should be 'You can take my lightweight WM away from me'

Re:Are you using Gnome2?

There are certain types of brain surgery I would rather suffer than use Gnome again...

> Nautilus >

Kind Mastermind

While I applaud the major steps forward that Gnome 2 has made, I really think that KDE3 is a better product. Now, if my stupid ISP would allow me to download things without choking, I'd be able to install KDE3. Oh, well, such is life.

Cheers

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=6;threadid=3951;start=0#39391 date=1025186008]
    While I applaud the major steps forward that Gnome 2 has made, I really think that KDE3 is a better product. Now, if my stupid ISP would allow me to download things without choking, I'd be able to install KDE3. Oh, well, such is life.

Cheers
    [/quote]

I could of course provide you with the source or rpms of KDE3 on a cd if you would like Stryder.

Oh and I must be going insane, or getting really bored because I just did an "emerge gnome"

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=6;threadid=3951;start=0#39390 date=1025182495]

> Nautilus >
    [/quote]

Actually Nautilus isn't as bad as it originally was. It sill needs a lot of memory but it's been cut down ... you can also take the prettiness out of it an make it run pretty fast.

And you don't have to use Nautilus :P you can use gmc or xfm ....

I have never really liked Gnome that much myself, though it is hard to explain why. I certainly am not going to fault Gnome- I have not used it very much, but, I am so into KDE 3 now that it is not likely that I will bother with Gnome 2. I am kind of burnt out on playing with WMs and DEs now, and it took a long time to pull me away from icewm!

Gnome isn't a bad DE, but I don't like it either. KDE is prettier and somehow just feels more professional and... umm, solid or something.

But Nautilus isn't bad!

I've come to the conclusion that I would rather have NGene' bf pound me around for a few hours than ever being forced to use Gnome again..

[quote author=NGene link=board=6;threadid=3951;start=0#39511 date=1025252031]
    Gnome isn't a bad DE, but I don't like it either. KDE is prettier and somehow just feels more professional and... umm, solid or something.

But Nautilus isn't bad!
    [/quote]

You guys are crazy! :P Thats why I like Gnome better.

To each his own DE.

I'm using KDE 3 right now, but I usually find myself using Gnome apps. They just seem to work better for me. I like the Gnome DE to. I'll probably give it a whirl.

Is there a Ximian Gnome 2 yet?