Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Wingames in Linux

Thread: Wingames in Linux

Mentor

Wingames in Linux

I was just wondering if there was a free alternative to Transgamings WineX anywhere around. Or if one was on the books to be made at all. Also how well do virtual PC's work like VMWare for example? Just wondering because I hate having to boot windows everytime I want to play WC3, and there is no Linux version available or plans for one.
    Cheers
    CP

Re:Wingames in Linux

WineX is free if you build it yourself. Go to the download page and CVS the code.

Good Guru

VMWare and Win4Lin dont do directX at all. The only hopes for playing a Windoze game is to use a flavor of wine, or build yourself a patch Sad truth. Thats why I buy WineX

vmware does directx, after you install it (say from microsoft's site), but it doesn't do direct3d..

Good Guru

Yes you are correct -- I misworded that. But IIRC no hardware acceleration of any kind will work (video, sound, whatever)

Mentor

Well I have semi got VMware working, and wine as well. I still can't get Warcraft 3 to work though. I have a feeling it may be something to do with the fact it uses directx8 which isn't fully supported yet. But I can play C&C95 really well in wine. So I take that as a victory. And I can also run Direct Connect which is kinda cool.

If you still need WC3, winex 2.1 fully supports it

i still can't get my Counter-Strike working, but at least Starcraft is. ;D

oh btw direct connect has a port for linux anyway