Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Slackware Install
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slackware Install

Hybrid View

Slackware Install

I installed slackware just fine, i used the newbie install, and selected the packages i wanted. When I reboot "GRUB" is displayed and just hangs. I searched google and slackware.com, but I turned up nothing :cry:

Did you make a boot disk during the install?

If you did - put that in the floppy drive and then boot the machine.

You might even be able to use the Slackware install CD as a recovery CD - I know that you can with lots of linux distros. If you can it will give you the option at the CD-boot screen (where you're ment to specify the kind of install that you want.)

As soon as you get into the system, reconfigure Grub so that it works - just sounds like the right drive to be booted hasn't been specified to the grub loader.

HTH
    Jamie

Boot disk

Yeah I made a boot disk during the install when I was prompted. It told me it was fine. When i reboot with the boot disk, it gives me an image error

Have you tried using the Slack disk as a recovery CD?

Sorry I can't be of mre help at the moment but Im at uni sat infroun of a WindowsNT machine rahter than my own Slack box.

Do you actually get any errors when you boot up 'normally' or does the computer just hang on a blank screen?

Normal boot

On a normal boot (w/o the disk) I get the word "GRUB" and hangs.

This might help as well.

Contains the Grub manual and links to other help files.

Sorry I have to dash off to a meeting now - I'll be back home in about an hour so if you're still having problems I will be of more use.

Hope that you get it working,
    Jamie

Time for class

Yeah. I have to head to history class myself, I appreciate the help.

Any joy?

Have you managed to boot the machine yet?

Jamie

Boot disk

I think my boot disk is bad. So im going to look for another floppy and try that. The how-to is a dead link btw. If all else fails i can ask maccorin.