Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
First Impressions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Impressions

Re:First Impressions

[quote author=Schotty link=board=13;threadid=3901;start=0#39103 date=1024924500]

After a month or so, my sound was working.
    After another two months I got my modem working (ISA sucks and still sucks big time)

I think that it took me about a full year of pokign around to really know what the hell I was doing since nobody I knew had Linux or was willing to offer assistance.
    [/quote]
    thats a way cool story!
    i got RH 6.2 but it wouldnt install. i took it all to the local installfest, and BAMMMM! installed and online! wow!
    new, different, better! no BSOD! time to buy a linux bumpersticker for the car! and now sitting next to my desk i have 2 linux books and 2900 pages in unix books. i had to
    learn it because it p1553d me off not understanding the cli.

Good Guru

Re:First Impressions

Yeah the CLI is the best and hardest part. It is amazing the power of the unix CLI. Thats what got me hooked. Being able to open an XTerm and be able to quickly whap a few commands out and get the job done.