Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
dos attacks

Thread: dos attacks

dos attacks

Hi. What is the best protection against protecting your Linux box against DOS attacks? Is it a sniffer? If so, what's the best sniffer to get for Linux?

Re:dos attacks

Hi
    After reading extensivley about DoS(Denial of Service), ive concluded that the best form of DoS protection is only allowing 1/2 incoming&outgoing connections open by each IP address that conencts to you, even though there are many kinds of DoS attacks the most common ones are net based, but ive seen some done on login screens and other things. Yes i can give you a suggestion on what to do, just dont ask me how to do it (im such a n00b). Check out DoS at www.neworder.box.sk I read about it there, but looked again and couldnt find it, it sitll might be of help.