Thread: GCC

GCC

I'm trying to get this other video editing software installed, but it depends on 'libstdc++.so.3'. Right now I'm running with GCC 3.x, and it doesn't seem to offer that file at all. Any ideas of being able to use this?

Re:GCC

From what I know, its a glibc file. Are you trying to use a precompiled package? Compiling from source might fix it. I had a similar problem with Mozilla.

SO how do I go about building it with GCC 3?

some apps don't compile with GCC3.1 yet, some need workarounds. Check with forums.gentoo.org (the gcc3 forum) . they usually know that's needed.

What versions of libstdc++ do you have on your system? On my system /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.3 is a symbolic link to /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.3.0.2.

http://gcc.gnu.org/libstdc++/ might help. There's a mailing list and some documentation.

[edit]gorn: fixed url[/edit]

Looks like I need to upgrade the libstdc++ package. I'm at 2.96-110, and it doesnt have the '.so.3' or the '.so.3.0.2 . Hopefully that should fix my prob. :P

Well, I guess it didn't. I still don't have 'libstdc++.so.3' anywhere, nor do I have anything that is similar.

You are running with GCC 3.x? Did you make from source, or install an RPM? When I installed GCC 3.1 from source, it made a libstdc++.so.4 (not 3). Do you have that file? Just a thought... *shrug*