Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

You Deserve to be Cracked

Thread: You Deserve to be Cracked

You Deserve to be Cracked

"If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, then you will be hacked," Clarke said during his keynote address. "What's more, you deserve to be hacked." --US Cybersecurity Advisor

(link to article is on my site somewhere :-P).

Re:You Deserve to be Cracked

if you use winblows IIS, outlook XPress, m$ ie 6, you will be hacked and you deserve to be hacked.

;D Wise words ;D

Good Guru

I can see this group doesnt hold back their punches !!!

I read this as... You deserve crack....

I was like... oh boy... more presents...

But I agree, Windows is a punishment itself - if you use it, don't be surprised if someone abuses you.

I disagree. No one deserves to be cracked. Instead, M$ deserves to be sued for damages and business losses accrued because of their insecure products. How many billions of damage have IIS worms already cost the public and corporate sector? Are the business to blame, or is Bill-rush-it-to-market-Gates the culprit?

alot of admins must accept the blame themselves for failing
    to use security patches even when m$ emails them that the patches are available and 'recommended'. alot of admins must accept the blame for continuing to buy and use a known faulty product.
    >>>>> for ex., say i go out today and buy cigarrettes and get cancer.
    dont i have to accept some fault?
    >>>>>example., say i go out and buy an isuzu trooper or suzuki samuri
    or ford bronco with firestone wilderness AT tires, and it rolls over.
    do i have to accept some of the blame?
    >>>>>so what im trying to say is, yes windoze is suck, but shouldnt a
    educated and informed admin know that windoze is suck?

[quote author=tolstoy link=board=13;threadid=3841;start=0#38657 date=1024531587]
    I disagree. No one deserves to be cracked. Instead, M$ deserves to be sued for damages and business losses accrued because of their insecure products. How many billions of damage have IIS worms already cost the public and corporate sector? Are the business to blame, or is Bill-rush-it-to-market-Gates the culprit?
    [/quote]

I agree completely!

[quote author=chadm1967 link=board=13;threadid=3841;start=0#39745 date=1025483983][quote author=tolstoy link=board=13;threadid=3841;start=0#38657 date=1024531587]I disagree. No one deserves to be cracked. Instead, M$ deserves to be sued for damages and business losses accrued because of their insecure products. How many billions of damage have IIS worms already cost the public and corporate sector? Are the business to blame, or is Bill-rush-it-to-market-Gates the culprit? [/quote]

I agree completely![/quote]

Lots of companies try to get away with selling cheap crap, MS isn't the only one. If you're stupid enough to buy their cheap crap, you deserve to have it break on you, or whatever happens with it.