Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

YES! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YES!

Re:YES!

Well I am disappointed with my team... My team MEXICO had a game today vs Italy. Itally tried to make a lot of goals and misded all like 20 intents but one. mexico failed a couple intents and only by luck made its only goal. Then it made some stupid changes and mexico tied with italy.. Those dam italian players play dirty...

I love it when one American can definitively say "Most Amercians think this..." Personally, I love the World Cup. I look forward to it every four years (much more so than the Olympics).

So far, it's been a very entertaining Cup, with favorites like France and Argentina bowing out surprisingly in the first round. The USA isn't a lock for the second round, but I like our chances for at least a draw with Poland after watching Portugal trounce them 4-0.

And I also know a lot of Americans that ARE keeping up with the World Cup. Most Americans love sweeping generalizations. We don't have to think very hard that way. ;D

Just quoted a poll, did not purport to speak for most Americans.

Maybe I should clarify one thing. When I said/wrote:

And there is really no need to "reclaim" the word football, the americans are wrong and everyone knows it.
    I should probably have added a at the end to show that I wasn't really serious. I tend to forget that things can easily be misunderstood on messageboards.

I'll ignore LinuzRulz's lame attempts at starting a EU-US flamewar.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Back to the World Cup.

Denmark - England on saturday. I hope Denmark wins, but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if they don't. It would be fun to see England go far with "Svennis" as coach.

Sweden - Senegal on sunday. Sweden will win of course ;D It would really suck if they win "the group of death" just to be kicked out by Senegal. I have respect for Senegal but it would feel very, very wrong.

I just hope the swedish team doesn't underestimate Senegal.

Mentor

I am not impressed, not only did Mexico not beat Italy, Croatia lost to Ecuador, so they are out. I am not happy. This has been a most interesting first round I must say though. Don't get why people are trying to start a flame war here.

Kind Mastermind

I, as a known American, enjoy watching the World Cup. Unfortunately, my local television service broadcasts live feeds, so I don't get to watch too many of the matches. I enjoy soccer/football. I am not a very skilled player myself, but when my seven-year old gets into the mix, he's pretty good. Unfortunately, he is a classic passive/aggressive, which isn't the best personality to have when you play football (American/Australian/European rules, take your pick).

Personally, I have no use for American football, except for the Super Bowl. Same with most other sports (well, except auto racing). Powerlifting is probably the only sport that holds my attention for long periods of time.

nuff said

[quote author=ursidae link=board=14;threadid=3742;start=0#37942 date=1023997471]
    Sweden - Senegal on sunday. Sweden will win of course ;D It would really suck if they win "the group of death" just to be kicked out by Senegal. I have respect for Senegal but it would feel very, very wrong.

I just hope the swedish team doesn't underestimate Senegal.
    [/quote]
    Senegal beat sweden 2-1, they underestimate the imho best team in this cup.