Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter Nights

Re:Neverwinter Nights

I gamemastered for 8 straight years before moving here. I have some ideas for settings and stuff.

[quote author=tricksterisweak link=board=8;threadid=3739;start=0#37855 date=1023934267]
    I gamemastered for 8 straight years before moving here. I have some ideas for settings and stuff.
    [/quote]

Only 8 years, wimp... Hell I even get paid to be a GM...

Roleplaying games rule, sadly I'm partial to Mage, Vampire and Call of Cthulhu (My absolute favorite game of all times - HP Lovecraft is the man !!)

Good Guru

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=8;threadid=3739;start=0#37839 date=1023922460]
    [quote author=Schotty link=board=8;threadid=3739;start=0#37834 date=1023922027]
    I have been partial to Druids lately. That and my lich class
    [/quote]
    Haha you played as a lich before? EVIL!
    [/quote]

Yup, created the class based on the Monster Manual from D&D. It was more of one of those characters that needed to be used .... sparingly. Christ, I'd walk into a town and everyone would drop to their knees crying with fear! Not really the best way to win friends over... But the GM had a way of directing the players to try to develop the character the way they wnat, and by using that get a good goal to work towards. That campaign was fun, but rough for me to keep in check with my character. I used that character class twice only. Doubt the third will be anytime soon

I count 4 players, can we get a party started ?

Good Guru

OOOh, D&D lan party! Sweet!

Sorry, had to vent... I have been waiting to incorporate D&D and linux for quite some time now. Didnt dawn on me that in the near future, a totally sweet company would make a Linux D&D game.

Only 8 years, wimp...
    I used to have a life.

It seems to me people still haven't read the press release or are bothering to read what I have to say. NWN linux is NOT COMMING OUT in the next few days. It will be 'soon'. We don't know when soon is, Bioware still isn't commenting on why there isn't a linux version now, there isn't a linux installer now. We hope there will be one day but it doesn't seem overly high on Bioware's list atm.

Good Guru

One word : WineX

If it holds me over, I am still pleased.

Not sure if WineX will work, I do know that there was a hacked version of Wine to work with the toolkit but I couldn't get it working however other's have had it working but only with the toolkit and model viewer.

Good Guru

shit---that sucks! Well, Ill pray, and hope fior the best. Besides, after NWN is releasd, I would suspect that Transgaming is going to be working on it. Wolf3d works in wine. and they released the Linux version not that long afterwards.