Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Any Java Coders out there?

Thread: Any Java Coders out there?

Any Java Coders out there?

I have a friend thats debating on learning the language and wanted some advice.....His view at this point is that RMI, JavaBeans, JDBC, servlets, and the like may be a bit overwhelming?

Anyone care to chime in?

Re:Any Java Coders out there?

Does he specifically want Java? Or does he want to learn a computer language?

Java

he's looked at Visual Basic and even the dotNETs, but he wants to learn Java after hearing about its ability to act as a cross-platform and embedded language by default

I do some coding in Java. It's my favorite OO language.

It's QuickMan from Megaman?!

And I've become an O'Caml advocate.

Any tips on the best way to learn the language and technologies around it?

RMI
    JavaBeans
    JDBC
    Servlets and Applets
    JavaScript (yes, I know)
    JSP

Read, read, read. And look at examples of working code. I know it's the stock advice but it's really the best way to learn Java IMHO.

I say start with Java programming in general before branching into JSP and other Java side areas since they all are built upon the same basics.

thnks ASH