• MacOS

1 3.57%
  • BSD (one of the many)

1 3.57%
  • Other (Tell us what it is!!)

1 3.57%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats your OS?

Debian Sarge it is for the time being. I have been planning on going to gentoo but I'm not there yet. Oh and Xebian on the xbox and dynebolic form a live cd from time to time.

Hey guys, this is my first post :0

I'm currently using gentoo with kernel 2.6.5. I started out a while back fooling around with linux when redhat 7.1 came out, but at that time I was switching off between windows and linux. I use linux all the time now and don't have windows on my system.

Linux is so nice I just installed Fedora on my cousins pc(easy distro for her to use.)

Quote Originally Posted by jme
    Quote Originally Posted by dkeav
    ive used dropline before, the team does a good job putting it together, and great at keeping it up to date
    If that is the case will have to look into that tonight too - oh well, another night lost when I should be doing my disertation!! :P

Jamie
    If you use swaret to keep your Slack install up2date, I would advise against the DL install.DL does not keep current as swaret does and certainly doesn't resolve dependencies like swaret. There's very little advantage to DL, other than some eye-candy which can be found in from other sources.

Cheers JohnT.

Well I have been using Swaret ever since I started using Slack, and other than the permission changing problems I haven't had any problems what-so-ever.

If that's the case I think that I will stay with Swaret for now - at least until I have some time to play around with Linux again after my finals. I just need everything to work at the moment!

Jamie

MacOS X here. It's my main OS on a flat panel iMac. I do love Linux also, and will be dual booting with Debian PPC sometime in the near future.
    Steve

Well its mostly winblowz ops:
    But I do use Mandrake 9.2 with KDE 3.1 for now... I'm gonna upgrade to Mandrake 10 whenever the final is out. Yeap!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Quote Originally Posted by jme
    Quote Originally Posted by dkeav
    ive used dropline before, the team does a good job putting it together, and great at keeping it up to date
    If that is the case will have to look into that tonight too - oh well, another night lost when I should be doing my disertation!! :P

Jamie
    If you use swaret to keep your Slack install up2date, I would advise against the DL install.DL does not keep current as swaret does and certainly doesn't resolve dependencies like swaret. There's very little advantage to DL, other than some eye-candy which can be found in from other sources.
    Actually I've been using them together about 6 months now... seems to work ok together.

hehe ill leave the slacking to you slackers, lemme know if you need ports help :P

Caldera Openlinux-->Redhat 7 & 8-->EvilEntity-->Mandrake-->Gentoo-->Slackware-->Redhat 9--->Fedora--->Gentoo-->Mepis-->Slackware; plus Win95-->Win98-->WinXP-->Win98. Can't seem to make up my mind. :wink:
    And I use slapt-get and swaret both on Slackware. If swaret can't get it, the maybe slapt-get will. If not, download and compile.

Caldera Openlinux-->Redhat 7 & 8-->EvilEntity-->Mandrake-->Gentoo-->Slackware-->Redhat 9--->Fedora--->Gentoo-->Mepis-->Slackware; plus Win95-->Win98-->WinXP-->Win98. Can't seem to make up my mind.
    EvilEntity! I thought I was the only phreak around here who has used EvilE. Can't wait for EE 0.3 to come out and by what I've heard it's going to be soon :twisted: