Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Where can I find glib-dev

Thread: Where can I find glib-dev

Hybrid View

Mentor

Where can I find glib-dev

I have downloaded the latest version of gtk and glib, but to make gtk compile I need to find glib-dev. I have got glib-2.0.3, and can't find the development source for it anywhere. The only glib-dev I can find is for version 1.* Anyone out there got this? And if so where can I find it?
    Cheers
    CP

Re:Where can I find glib-dev

hey CP -
    what format are you looking for it in? The latest version I can find and teh on installed on my RH 7.2 box is 1.2

Mentor

I am looking for the source in tar.gz form, or for a Debian package. They have the latest glib which is on the gtk ftp site, but they don't have the dev tarball

Mentor

I am looking for the source in tar.gz form, or for a Debian package. They have the latest glib which is on the gtk ftp site, but they don't have the dev tarball

hmm afaik is are all the development headers already in the tar.gz package if you have downloaded the source of glib.

Mentor

OK, I've discovered my problem. I downloaded the lates version of glib, and then tried to get gtk+-1.2 to compile, but gtk+-1.2 requires glib-1.2.8 or newer so I assumed that glib-2.0.3 would work. Gtk-2 compiles fine with the version of glib I have, so my question should now be can I have 2 versions of glib coexisting with each other? Because gtk1.2 and gtk2 can coexist, and I want to install 1.2 for backward compatibility.
    Cheers
    CP