Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Directory size limits Vs user quota......

Thread: Directory size limits Vs user quota......

Directory size limits Vs user quota......

Hi All,

We have a 150Gig raid box hanging off a redhat 6.2 system. The disk is simply mounted as /raid and the four or five main users just use what they like.

I would like to structure the usage a bit now (had the box for a year or more) to assist with backup stratagies.

I would like /raid/user_n (n=1 to 5) directories to be limited to 15Gig each and a /raid/tmp directory to be limited to 60 Gig. Each user area would be included in a backup routine every t-3 days.

Users need to be able to use all their 15 Gig but also have free reign over whatever they need from /raid/tmp. Is this possible to set up? So far I can't see how the quota system can be used in this situation. Am I asking too much??

Any help much appreciated.

Garth

Re:Directory size limits Vs user quota......

Wouldnt you just set the raid partitions in fstab to use quota like normal? (defaults,usrquota or defaults,grpquota)

Edit- Oops, I forgot about you wanting them to have unlimited usage in /raid/tmp. Let me think

It looks like you can just setup the quotas on a per user or group basis.

Here is some info on how to do it because I never done it per user or group before http://www.linuxpowered.com/archive/...a-5.html#ss5.1

It's very possible with user quotas as long as /raid/user_home and /raid/temp are on seperate partitions. If they aren't, then /raid/tmp will be limited to whatever you set /raid/user_home to be. I think quotas are partition, not directory based.