Thread: Mozilla 1.0 final is out!

Mentor

Mozilla 1.0 final is out!

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - June 5, 2002 - Mozilla.org, the organization
    that coordinates Mozilla open-source development and provides services to assist the Mozilla community, today announced the release of Mozilla 1.0, the first major-version public release of the Mozilla software. A full-fledged browser suite based on the latest Internet standards as well as a cross-platform toolkit, Mozilla 1.0 is targeted at the developer community and enables the creation of Internet-based applications. Mozilla 1.0 was developed in an open source environment and built by harnessing the creative power of thousands of programmers and tens of thousands of testers on the Internet, incorporating their best enhancements.

http://www.mozilla.org

Kind Mastermind

Re:Mozilla 1.0 final is out!

[quote author=cloverm link=board=19;threadid=3612;start=0#36760 date=1023302181]
    MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - June 5, 2002 - Mozilla.org, the organization
    that coordinates Mozilla open-source development and provides services to assist the Mozilla community, today announced the release of Mozilla 1.0, the first major-version public release of the Mozilla software. A full-fledged browser suite based on the latest Internet standards as well as a cross-platform toolkit, Mozilla 1.0 is targeted at the developer community and enables the creation of Internet-based applications. Mozilla 1.0 was developed in an open source environment and built by harnessing the creative power of thousands of programmers and tens of thousands of testers on the Internet, incorporating their best enhancements.

http://www.mozilla.org

[/quote]

Woohoo...time to check out the change log. I think that I might just have to download it and get it installed asap. Thanks for keeping us informed, cloverm.

Mentor

Good luck trying to download it right now. I haven't been able to ...

great .. just great :P

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=cloverm link=board=19;threadid=3612;start=0#36764 date=1023303570]
    Good luck trying to download it right now. I haven't been able to ...
    [/quote]

In that case, I think I'll wait until next week... :P

whhooott!!!

okay - got it i was hoping the spell check would work, but its not so far...

Any idea how long the source takes to compile? And can the e-mail/chat client be disabled? Kmail/Kopete do those jobs just fine.

[quote author=segfault link=board=19;threadid=3612;start=0#36858 date=1023346269]
    Any idea how long the source takes to compile? And can the e-mail/chat client be disabled? Kmail/Kopete do those jobs just fine.
    [/quote]

just a bit more than an hour on an duron 800. And you can disable it just look at ./configure --help there should be the right switches

i installed it on Windows and it's on my slack 8.1 (well the RC anyway). I like it. It seems SOO MUCH faster than the earlier mozilla releases....

Good Guru

Moz on winders is fast as hell. And I am on a crappy P233 /64MB with GaySeXP. I havent gotten it onto my Linux rigs yet (or my BSD one either) I expect the same goodness plus a bit more.