Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New viruses aim to cross multi platforms

Thread: New viruses aim to cross multi platforms

Hybrid View

Mentor

New viruses aim to cross multi platforms

A new virus called Simile.D may not be much of a threat to computer systems, but some of its technical tricks could lead to a rethinking of the principles underlying antivirus software.
    The program has code that not only works hard to hide the virus' presence, it also randomizes the program's size so as to make it harder to identify. On top of that, the fourth and latest variant of the bug--which emerged this week--can spread to both Windows and Linux computers.
    http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-932447.html

Re:New viruses aim to cross multi platforms

hmm .. looks like this is postive and negative ..
    on the good side is that linux is getting popular ..
    the negative side is that the first real nasty viruses appear :/

Looks like the times are over where everyone said: "Viruses?? I don't care about viruses...I use linux"

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Black666 link=board=19;threadid=3605;start=0#36719 date=1023294160]
    Looks like the times are over where everyone said: "Viruses?? I don't care about viruses...I use linux"

[/quote]

I guess my post from here http://www.linuxjunior.org/yabbse/in...;threadid=3274 is rather fortuitous, eh?

The code still has to be executed in Superuser mode. At least 9 times out of 10 these viruse wont bother you, just be careful as usual and pay close attention to where your getting your files from and to not run as root unless you must.