Thread: w00t.. here be genes

Hybrid View

w00t.. here be genes

Yup, crunch crunch baby !!!

51 *The_Lab *1928154004 *64722.17
    52 *LinuxJunior_dot_org_Genome *1198566765 *61605.72
    53 *PalmKillers *1679976724 *61599.31

Re: w00t.. here be genes

Hehe, I snuck Genome@home onto my windows partitoin. Now when the woman leaves it in windows all day, genomes still get crunched!

Hehe, I snuck Genome@home onto my windows partitoin. *Now when the woman leaves it in windows all day, genomes still get crunched! *
    I do the same for Seti.

Good Guru

Hehe, I snuck Genome@home onto my windows partitoin. *Now when the woman leaves it in windows all day, genomes still get crunched! *
    Darn, I don't know why we are thinking alike....

I do the same on my wife's box. She can boot to any OS she wants but Gnome still got crunched..... ;D

I'd love to put GAH on my parent's computer, but they wouldn't stand for it to pop up like that. There has to be a way for it to run hidden, so they can't see it.

Also, remember how I quit GAH oh so long ago, on the grounds that it was bringing my computer to it's knees, and that I'd start it up again on LFS? Well, I've finally got it going again. I barely notice it running, now ;D -- and I even leave my computer on all day, too, so I'm crunching a lot more than I used to.

Seems like I'm crunching one per day, but I think I'm just getting lots of easy genes here -- I mean I have 23 done, and ashcrow is ahead of me with 16? argh :-/

I'd love to put GAH on my parent's computer, but they wouldn't stand for it to pop up like that. There has to be a way for it to run hidden, so they can't see it.

Also, remember how I quit GAH oh so long ago, on the grounds that it was bringing my computer to it's knees, and that I'd start it up again on LFS? Well, I've finally got it going again. I barely notice it running, now ;D -- and I even leave my computer on all day, too, so I'm crunching a lot more than I used to.

Seems like I'm crunching one per day, but I think I'm just getting lots of easy genes here -- I mean I have 23 done, and ashcrow is ahead of me with 16? argh :-/
    Yeah, they measure based on work units, not genes crunched.

I barely notice it on my lfs box either..... HRmmmmmmM?! (;

How can I have gnome@home to work on my bro's xp box with out him noticing?

That's a question that's been asked many-a-time, and to my knowledge, never answered...

Good Guru

That's a question that's been asked many-a-time, and to my knowledge, never answered...
    I think it has a lot to do with many of us NOT running in Windows boxes. If you hang around with Genome forums, you might find the info. I will look around when I have some time but as far as I can tell, there are people who have succeded in running the client as System service rather than the program.... I'm not really sure though.... :-/

How can I have gnome@home to work on my bro's xp box with out him noticing?
    Run it as a service using FireDaemon. I know it works on win2k. Not sure of XP.

DaMasta
    Current rank: 131 out of 15933 users
    Total units processed: 49397.31
    Total genes designed: 3310
    Genoming since: Sat May 19 03:05:21 2001