Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Finally got around to it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got around to it

Finally got around to it

I've setup genome@home on p3 866, p 2 @450, 2X133 with 48 mb of ram. Don't know how much this will help

Re: Finally got around to it

also will g@h work right if I run it as a service on my brothers xp box?

Yes.

Good Guru

That will help *a lot* Agar and G@H will do fine as service on XP as well... Thanks for joining... We definitely need more power .....

three cheers for AGAR!!
    AGAR - AGAR - AGAR!

Good Guru

three cheers for AGAR!!
    Shouldn't that be four?? After all, he has four machine crunching ... ;D

I wonder if I could convince my computer science teacher to run g@h on the school computers. 7 puter labs and there all left on 24/7. Either that or set it up in the background and noone will ever know.

Good Guru

I wonder if I could convince my computer science teacher to run g@h on the school computers. 7 puter labs and there all left on 24/7. Either that or set it up in the background and noone will ever know.
    Yeah, that would be grand ... man .. please please, work on it.. If you need more info, let us know....

Well perhaps if I acted like it was some kind of project and explained what it was working for. Maybe if there was a way to run it as a screen saver like seti. He wouldn't be happy with the computers going really slowly while people are trying to use them.

I just thought of a problem. The win95 machiens are left on but only at a novelle login. Is it able to run while the pc is like that or would a full login be required?

You should be able to get it to run with a low priority, and therefore cause less hastle and slowage. Ask if you could set it up on one machine as a test, and add the rest when it's proved itself (or when they're not looking ;D)